Give Where You Live is Geelong’s leading philanthropic organisation working to alleviate disadvantage within the Geelong community – to Build a Better Geelong.
Why give to give where you live?
Established in 1954, Give Where You Live is Geelong’s leading philanthropic organisation, adopting best practice fundraising and grant making.
- We are passionate about Building a Better Geelong, creating sustainable improvement to lives of Geelong people.
- You multiply your giving power. With a single donation, you will be supporting 50 community organisations, assisting over 25,000 people suffering in our region.
- Your donation stays in our community and supports only projects in the Geelong region.
- You take the guesswork out of giving. Our grants are allocated to those community organisations who are the most in need.
- Funds are allocated via a strategic and transparent grants process. An independent panel engages in a stringent annual selection process.
- Your dollars are invested wisely, where they will have the greatest impact within the Geelong region.
- Through the establishment of our Foundation, we have a sustainable funding model to care for our community into the future.
- We offer many ways to give – whether it’s through Workplace Giving, an annual donation or by participating in our events.
- It’s about many people giving. Even a small donation makes a huge difference!
- Nothing beats the feeling of knowing you’ve made a difference to people in our community who most need our help.
Where do our funds come from?
At Give Where You Live we source our funds primarily from the generosity of the Geelong community. Our charter is to ensure these funds also stay in the Geelong community assisting Geelong people – Building a Better Geelong!
There are many ways to help support the contribution Give Where You Live makes in our community such as making a donation, Workplace Giving and attending our events.
More information is available by downloading the below brochure or by visiting www.givewhereyoulive.com.au.