First held in 1844, the Festival of Sails is Victoria’s oldest ongoing sporting event, and the largest annual keel boat regatta in the Southern Hemisphere. The event has evolved over many years culminating in its’ current position as the foremost competitive keelboat regatta in Australia. The event has consistently attracted both brilliant yachts and a public keen to soak up the essence of the event. Royal Geelong Yacht Club takes great pride in its role as host of a regatta whose reputation as a global player expands each year.
The Festival of Sails attracts over 350 yacht entries and approximately 4,500 competitors to Melbourne and Geelong over the Australia Day Holiday period.
To be part of the excitement, sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date with event developments.
- Preliminary Race Schedule: Prelimary sailing program for the Festival of Sails 2014
- Regatta Documents: The NoR & SIs for the 2014 Festival of Sails will be available for download later in the year
- Key Trophies & Championships: A list of key trophies & championships being held at the Festival of Sails 2014
- Which class is for me? If you are unsure of which class is for you, all the information is available here.
- Competitor & Visitor Information: For detailed information about the event, the Royal Geelong Yacht Club & the Geelong Region.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Find out all there is to know about the largest sailing regatta in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Weather: Find out more about the classic weather patterns around Geelong & Port Philip
- 2013 Race Results: See how the competition fared in the last Festival of Sails