Sail on board Tenacious in the 2017 Passage Race
Festival of Sails enthusiasts have an exclusive opportunity to be a part of the iconic Festival of Sails Passage Race on board the the world’s largest operating timber hulled vessel, Tenacious, for a special discounted price.
Built and run by the Jubilee Sailing Trust (JST), a UK based and UN-accredited charity, Tenacious includes features not seen on other vessels, such as six wheelchair lifts between the decks, deck ribs and a speaking compass for the vision impaired, vibrating alarm pads under the bunks for the hearing impaired, you can helm her with the traditional wheel or if limited mobility use a joystick, we can even lift a wheelchair user into the platforms up the mast!
People of all abilities are able to join in the adventure of tall ship sailing, and in 2017 Tenacious will be the official start vessel for the 174th Festival of Sails Passage Race from Melbourne to Geelong.
A limited number of places are available at a special price of just $200 per person – normally valued at $450 per person.
This is a once in a lifetime experience that is not to be missed!
What to expect on a typical day sail (note: this is an example only; timing for the departure for the Passage Race to be confirmed)
- 08.30 Step on board Tenacious. You will be greeted with tea/coffee and bacon rolls (or a vegetarian option)
- 09.00 Captain’s welcome and safety briefing
- 09.20 Depart the berth
- 09.45 Take part in pulling rope and setting sails or relax and enjoy the view, there may even be an opportunity to climb the mast (at the discretion of the Master)
- 10.30 Tea/Coffee break with delicious cakes made on board
- 11.00 Take a turn at helming (steering) the ship – if you would like to
- 12.00 Bar open
- 13.00 Lunch, freshly cooked straight from the galley. Vegetarian options available
- 14.00 Relax and enjoy the view or get involved in sailing Tenacious
- 15.00 Afternoon tea and cakes (known as “smoko” on board)
- 16.30 Tie back up alongside (opportunity to buy mementoes of your trip)
- 17.00 Depart the ship
Trackback from your site.